Greetings! We are so excited you will be joining us on this fall evening for the inaugural Cayuga Sound Festival in Ithaca, NY on Saturday, September 23rd. We hope you are as excited for the line up as we are. Below is some very important information about our unique venue. Please read it all and help us by following the instructions and rules. Venue map and weekend schedule attached at the bottom!
THERE IS NO ON SITE PARKING – there are designated lots with free parking and a free shuttle to take you to and from the park, please see details below!
Free parking is available at various locations in Ithaca including: Ithaca High School, Boynton Middle School, and any street parking located on the TCAT ROUTE 13 and 13X (express to Stewart Park) bus stops. These FREE buses will be running from 11AM TO 11PM, and there will also be a FREE shuttle running from the school parking lots to the park. There is also the option to walk or bike over to the park on the Cayuga Waterfront Trail, and there will be a bike valet on site with security for the entirety of the event. For your safety we ask that you do not walk down route 13 or the railroad tracks. ADA parking (with handicap plate or hang tag) and limited VIP ticket holder parking (with proof of VIP ticket purchase) will be available in Stewart Park.
Our staff and volunteers are very friendly. Please do not hesitate to ask if you need help. Our security personnel are highly trained and there are EMTs on site for your assistance.
· There are NOT ATMs on site, however some merch sellers and food vendors will accept cards, but PLEASE BRING PLENTY OF CASH
· Festival and artist merchandise will be sold on site·
· Not For Profits: Community School of Music, Friends of Stewart Park, Greater Ithaca Activities Center, Ithaca Underground, Ithaca City of Asylum, Ithaca Youth Bureau, Planned Parenthood, Southside Community Center, Vitamin L, and Youth Farm Project. Each NPO will have an activation set up on site, consider making a donation while you learn more about what makes our community so great!
·Food Vendors: Silo Food Truck, Solaz, Agava Restaurant, On the Street Pita, Cayuga Lake Creamery, Khmer Angkor, Monks on the Commons, Gimme Coffee, Lou’s Hot Dog Stand, and The Good Truck
· No Open Flames (i.e. no charcoal or propane grills, no campfires)
· No outside food or beverage is allowed in the festival venue. There are multiple water refill stations in the venue and you are permitted to bring one refillable bottle.
· No outside alcohol will be allowed inside of the festival grounds. Beer and wine will be provided courtesy of Ithaca Beer. Anyone consuming alcohol under the age of 21 will be removed.
· There IS RE-ENTRY into the festival.
· This is a family friendly, all ages event. Children 5 and under are admitted free with an accompanying adult.
· Blankets, collapsible lawn chairs, umbrellas, sunscreen and/or rain gear, polaroid, cell phone and point-and-shoot digital cameras (professional photographers w/ detachable lens device must secure prior approval) ARE ALLOWED into the festival.
· No pets except certified assistance animals. Paperwork may be required.
· Please do not bring any weapons, explosives, or illicit substances into the concert area.
· Please respect our property and staff. Anyone caught damaging property or buildings, or being abusive to any of our concert staff (volunteers included) will be removed from the property. There will be no exceptions to this.
· Our staff reserves the right to cut off alcohol service to any individual that appears to be intoxicated. This is at the discretions of a server.
· Only vendors licensed with Cayuga Sound and with NYS are allowed to set up and sell at the festival. No exceptions.
Volunteer check-in will be located at the Box Office Tent. You will be given your t-shirt and wristband at the table, which will grant you access into the festival all day on Saturday.
If you are volunteering on Thursday, Friday, or Sunday, you may park in Stewart Park to attend your shift! For those of you who are volunteering on Saturday, please park in one of the free lots around town or get dropped off, as there is no parking available for volunteers on-site on Saturday.
Most importantly… when it comes to alcohol please know your limits. Please drink in moderation and savor the flavor while knowing when to stop.
We take underage drinking very seriously and anyone breaking the rules will be asked to leave.
And please… please DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE. There will be taxis available at the end of the night and a breathalyzer service provided by local group STOP DWI available throughout the day if you would like to monitor your BAC. We care about your safety and hope you will respect yourselves and others by having a designated driver to keep our roads safe.
Thank you for reading and please help us by recycling what you can, carrying out what you bring in, and in general respecting the venue, the staff, the bands, and each other! Stewart Park is one of the most cherished spaces on Cayuga Lake. Please help us keep it that way!