DSP Shows Seeks a Part-Time Hospitality Coordinator in Ithaca
The Hospitality Coordinator is responsible for aspects of production specific to Backstage Hospitality and Artist Relations.
- Provide a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere backstage for touring artists, their crew and guests
- Execute the agreed-upon specific needs and requests of the artist and their rider
- Maintain a customer service-oriented attitude in all interactions
- Shop for Green Room rider requirements and have them set up at the agreed upon times
- Collect and maintain menus from local restaurants in an organized fashion
- Coordinate food orders for artists and touring personnel, when applicable
- Check food orders prior to serving to ensure that they are correct, properly presented, and that special requests have been met
- May be required to deliver food items, deliver cash buy-outs, or work with a caterer to ensure artist’s meal requirements are met
- May be asked to perform Runner duties on occasion
- Remove dirty plates, glasses, etc., from green rooms once artist has finished
- Keep a clean and hygienic backstage area
- Responsible for all expenses through maintaining a cash rectification sheet and keeping a log of all receipts of expenses
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong Interpersonal Communication and Customer Services skills
- Food and Beverage Knowledge
- Discretion and ability to maintain/manage artist privacy in backstage areas
- High School Diploma
- Transportation in order to retrieve anything the artist may require
- Responsible Alcohol Awareness Training Certification or Equivalent
- Previous experience in live music and or hospitality fields
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- Working environment is fast-paced, often loud and stressful
- Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing and working on your feet
- Must be able to lift or move up to 25 lbs using proper lifting techniques
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DSP Shows, based in Ithaca, NY and Northampton, MA, is a one of the leading independent concert promoters in America. The company was founded as Dan Smalls Presents in 2008 by Dan Smalls and became DSP Shows in 2015 with the addition of partner John Sanders. The company produces over 600 shows a year in venues throughout Upstate New York and New England including The State Theatre of Ithaca, Brewery Ommegang Summer Concert Series, The Academy of Music in Northampton, Daryl’s House in Pawling, NY, and Babeville in Buffalo, NY among many others. They also produce the Cayuga Sound Festival in Ithaca.
DSP Shows supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Do you love live music? Do you get so excited when bands you love come to Ithaca or Western MA that you feel the need to tell everyone? DSP Shows is looking for qualified candidates to assist with promotion as members of our street team.
Street team duties include distributing promotional materials, posting and interacting on social media, and inviting friends to events.
To join our street team, please email email@example.com.